JEWELLERY & WATCH INSURANCE
The insurance service to protect your precious purchase, up to the value of £1500.00 and only applies to full price products, which does not include reduced or sale products.
All part of our service, we want to ensure that you have years of enjoyment from your purchases. We automatically provide you with one year’s free insurance, provided by March Guard.
Our insurance cover ensures the products you purchase from us are protected in the event that they need to be repaired or replaced due to accidental damage, loss or theft.
The cover provides repair or replacement of your insured products. If we can repair the insured item to restore it back to its original condition, we will. However, if we are unable to repair it or, if the item has been stolen, we will provide a like for like replacement. If the original item is no longer available, we will provide you with a replacement item up to the original purchase price.
The insurance certificate will be issued, after fourteen days has elapsed and the product has not been returned. The insurance will commence from the effective date of perchance.Full details will be provided on the certificate.
EXTENDING YOUR INSURANCE TO 3 YEARS
As part of our superior service, you have the option of extending your insurance cover to three years, for a nominal one-off fee, at the time of purchase. If you would like to take this option, please contact us for further information at email@example.com or calling us on 0121 554 6850.
JEWELLERY & WATCH INSURANCE – Customer product information sheet
This insurance is optional and will meet the demands and needs of a UK resident requiring insurance for jewellery or watches in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man plus up to 30 consecutive days elsewhere in the world any one trip.
The insurance is administered by T H March & Co. Limited, Hare Park House, Yelverton Business Park, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7LS, and they are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This may be checked on the Financial Services. Register on the FCA’s website.
In the unlikely event that you may wish to make a complaint, this should be directed to T H March. The complaints procedure is detailed in your insurance documentation.It is important you read the certificate as this details the terms, conditions and any restrictions in cover.
- Any individual item of jewellery exceeding £5,000 in value or any watch exceeding £1,500 in value.
- Any Insured person not resident in the United Kingdom.
- Any item composed entirely of brittle material.
- Any losses from baggage, clothing or other belongings unless such baggage, clothing or belonging is being carried by hand or worn by the Assured or by any other person to whom the Assured has given the insured item as a gift.
- Any item stolen from an unattended vehicle.
- Any cost of repair or replacement which would improve an insured item beyond its condition immediately before the occurrence of the loss or damage leading to a claim being made.
- Any loss or damage attributable to:
(i) the actions of mechanical or electrical breakdown (in the case of awatch or a clock),
(ii) the actions of moth, vermin, gradual deterioration, wear and tear or design defect, or
(iii) the process of cleaning, repair or renovation.
8. Any loss or legal liability whatsoever arising from:
(i) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel,
(ii) the radioactive, toxic, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or its component parts.
9. Any loss or damage arising from:
(i) war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war bedeclared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, acts of military or usurped power,
(ii) confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
- All repairs and replacements must be carried out by the issuing Jeweller.
- The maximum cost of repair or replacement will not exceed the replacement value shown
- When the Underwriter settles a claim for the replacement of an item, or where the replacement value is used up in its repair, the premium for that item will be deemed to have been utilised and all cover on that item will cease with immediate effect.
- All steps must be taken to prevent loss or damage and maintain the items in good condition.
- The Underwriter may cancel this certificate by giving thirty (30) days’ notice of such cancellation in writing to the Assured at their last known address and the premium will be adjusted on the basis of the Underwriter receiving or retaining the appropriate proportionate premium. This will only be done for a valid reason such as, Non co-operation or failure to supply documentation requested
- Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Underwriters this insurance shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
GENERAL CLAIMS CONDITIONS
- There is no liability under this certificate where you (the Assured) are entitled to receive payment under any other insurance EXCEPT in respect of any excess beyond the amount which would have been covered under such other insurance had this insurance not been effected.
- If you (the Assured) make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in respect of any loss or the amount involved, this claim could be declined and all future claims made under it could be forfeited.
Should you need to make a claim under this certificate contact the Jeweller that issued this certificate to notify the loss at your earliest opportunity and within thirty (30) days in any event. In addition, you must ALWAYS notify the police, even when abroad, of any loss caused by theft or the disappearance of any item and obtain a crime reference/lost property number where one is issued, and you must provide the Jeweller (or any person appointed by the Underwriters) with any information,documentation, or evidence of the loss. Failure to comply with these requirements could lead to the claim being rejected.
Your Jeweller will ask you to complete a simple claim form regarding the circumstances of the loss. Your claim will be passed to the Underwriters, and if they decide that an insured loss has taken place and settlement is agreed by the Underwriters, your Jeweller will either replace a lost item from stock or arrange for a damaged item to be repaired and the invoice for repair/replacement will be sent to T H March for settlement direct with your Jeweller.